Perez v Crolla II eyed for November 21st in Manchester
Eddie Hearn says he’s hopeful that the WBA stipulated rematch between Darleys Perez and Anthony Crolla will be heading back to the North of England at Manchester Arena.
The Matchroom boss revealed his delight on Thursday morning at the news from Vice President Gilberto Mendoza that the World Boxing Association have ordered an immediate return between the pair and already has he sights set on November 21.
“I’m confident that the fight will take place in the UK and we have already had talks (with Perez promoters Thompson Boxing) for November 21st at the same arena,” Hearn told Sky Sports News HQ.
“We are very close to a deal, but just this ordering of a rematch will give us a concrete fight for Anthony Crolla and help us in the negotiation process, because now Darleys Perez must fight Anthony Crolla.”
Crolla was seemingly robbed of a world title victory (WBN Scorecard – 115-111 Crolla) on home soil in a twelve round battle with Perez earlier this month and now has the chance to rectify the result in a second attempt.
The 28 year-old had made a startling comeback from a fractured skull just months before the first fight and another shot at Perez was the least the lightweight contender deserved.