The 28 year-old had consistently denied any interest in a fight with IBF welterweight champion Brook in the past, but says if the Yorkshireman can beat some top opposition in the near future – then a Wembley bout will be agreed.
“Eddie sent me a text and I invited him to Bolton,” Khan told The National. “We had a meeting at my office and we discussed everything for a potential fight against Kell Brook in 2016.
“I have made it clear to Eddie that I want this fight to be a big fight worldwide, not just in the UK. I told him Kell needs to fight a couple of big names and beat them, obviously. That will make our fight even bigger.
“The fight will be a Khan Promotions and Matchroom Promotions event in the UK, at Wembley Stadium.”
Khan defeated Chris Algieri earlier this year, and had hoped it would be enough to secure a fight with Floyd Mayweather Jr on September 12, but that honor looks set to fall to the unheralded ex-WBC belt holder Andre Berto.
Mayweather is still yet to officially announce his foe for the date, although Khan is not thought to be in the running for the pound for pound king’s final fight of his Showtime contract.