The UK writer who has been accused of fabricating a Qand A attributed to Gennady Golovkin has informed WBN that the quotes used in his article with the middleweight star were genuine and written in good faith.
Joe Hall conducted an interview with ‘GGG’ last week in which the WBA and IBO champion apparently stated that talented super middleweight Andre Ward ‘turned him down three times’ and that Carl Froch and Floyd Mayweather are making excuses not to fight him.
A swift response from Golovkin’s team was issued on Saturday night stating the following:
Golovkin did not conduct this “interview” containing fabricated quotes from him. The quotes were also been picked up by numerous other media outlets.
“These are not my words in this interview, “ said Golovkin.
“It’s unfortunate that this interview was posted online and considered by many to be Gennady’s quotes, none of which are his statements,” said Tom Loeffler of K2 Promotions.
“We are currently conducting negotiations for Gennady’s next fight and will not be commentating on any speculation about opponents. We understand the extraordinary interest worldwide in Gennady and look forward to making an official announcement at the appropriate time,” concluded Loeffler.
Hall, also speaking on behalf of his website City A.M, has now clarified that his one on one with Golovkin was not a ‘fabricated’ story and came directly from the fighter through official channels.
“I can tell you at this stage that and City A.M. and I categorically stand by the quotes in the Gennady Golovkin interview,” writer Joe Hall exclusively told World Boxing News on Monday morning UK time.
Some of the initial statements have since been altered, but City A.M and Hall are adamant that Golovkin gave his answers via email and that they were sent to them on behalf of the Kazakh puncher.