23
Mar
2019

Peter Fury fires back at David Haye for ‘Tyson won’t fight Klitschko’ comment

Phil Jay 05/07/2015

Prominent Team Tyson Fury member Peter Fury has hit back at ex-WBA title holder David Haye’s recent remark that the upcoming mandatory clash with Wladimir Klitschko won’t happen in the autumn.

Semi-retired Haye, who pulled out of fights with Fury twice and hasn’t fought in three years, stated that he believes the undefeated heavyweight contender won’t follow through on his challenge against the formidable four-belt champion, which is due to go to purse bids on Monday.

Tyson’s uncle Peter addressed the comments made by Haye (without naming him directly) and is adamant that Fury will be standing opposite Klitschko on the date to be arranged ready to give his all in search of a maiden world championship.

“He’s in excellent spirits, you hear a lot of people saying he’s not gonna do this, he’s not gonna do that, but you’d have to take Tyson’s legs off for him not to fight Klitschko and even if he had one eye knocked out he’d still be in for fighting Klitschko.

“This is what he’s dreamed of all his life, and it’s a massive opportunity,” Peter told Buncey’s Boxing Podcast.

Offers to stage the high-profile contest are to be made at the WBA headquarters in Panama after the weekend, with Klitschko receiving 75 percent of the money generated from the respective promoter and Fury being handed the other 25 percent.

Your SEO optimized title