There is just over one week until Floyd “Money” Mayweather and Manny “Pacman” Pacquiao square off for their epic welterweight championship showdown taking place Saturday, May 2 at the MGM Grand Garden Arena that will be co-produced and co-distributed by HBO Pay-Per-View® and SHOWTIME PPV® beginning at 9 p.m. ET/ 6 p.m. PT.
While fans have gotten glimpses into the lives of these fighters through preview shows and social media postings, there are still many aspects of their lives that the public knows nothing about. Before training camp ends and the fighters lace up for fight night, take a look at some interesting things that you might not know about Mayweather and Pacquiao.
1. Twizzlers are one of his go-to favorite snacks
2. Ramen noodle soup is one of his favorite meals and he doesn’t like 5 star restaurants
3. Averages over 1000 sit-ups a day during training camp
4. He doesn’t use ketchup or mustard on hotdogs but uses BBQ sauce
5. A guilty pleasure is playing Mega Touch and holding the highest scores in every game on there- his favorites are Spades, Dominos and word scrambles.
6. The movie Troy with Brad Pitt is one he likes to watch over and over again.
7. Every juice he drinks during training camp is made from scratch
8. When out to eat, He always orders a glass of hot water to let his silverware soak in the glass before using them.
9. The tree trunks he has been using to chop wood are brought in from Big Bear and weigh nearly 700 pounds each.
10. He gets a manicure and pedicure at home once a week during training camp
11. He doesn’t use a microwave, only eats food cooked and heated up on a stove and in an oven.
12. His morning routine includes brushing teeth for 10 straight minutes.
1 He eats steamed white rice and chicken or beef broth at almost every meal
2. Manny will only drink hot or room temperature water. Never cold water because he feels it is not healthy
3. Manny averages over 2,500 sit-ups daily during training camp
4. Manny eats five meals and consumes 8,000 calories daily to keep his weight and energy up
5. Manny regularly has 500 fans follow him on his morning runs in Los Angeles
6. He starts every morning with a Bible reading
7. He loves his Butterfinger Peanut Butter Cups
8. Over the past 12 months Manny has met with President Obama, President Clinton and Prince Harry
9. Pacman, Manny’s nine-year-old Jack Russell terrier and beloved companion, accompanies Manny on all his morning runs and to his workouts at Wild Card. He even has his own frequent flier account
10. Manny is a Lt. Colonel in the reserve force of Philippine Army
11. Floyd Mayweather will be the third consecutive undefeated world champion Manny has faced in the past 13 months
12. Manny is a big photography buff. This week he purchased two Canon flagship cameras – the 1DX — complete with lenses and accessories.
Mayweather vs. Pacquiao is a 12-round welterweight world championship unification bout promoted by Mayweather Promotions and Top Rank Inc., and is sponsored by Tecate con caracter, Paramount Pictures and Skydance Productions –Terminator Genisys, in theaters July 1st, Paramount Pictures & Skydance Productions present MISSION IMPOSSIBLE: ROGUE NATION, in theaters & IMAX July 31st, The Weinstein Company and the new movie Southpaw, starring Jake Gyllenhaal, in theaters everywhere July 24 and Mexico, Live it to Believe it.