The 35 year-old is the favourite to land a massive clash with Mayweather in May or June of 2015 after being called out by the pound for pound king on Showtime last Friday and has been vocal on social media this week in his response.
Pacquiao posted his latest quip on Wednesday, the same day Mayweather ruled out a fight with Amir Khan and told the American in no uncertain terms that the fight everybody wants cannot be delayed any longer.
“Floyd Mayweather, don’t be a boxing humbug,” said Pacquiao in a direct poke at his arch-rival. “Let’s give the fans the fight they want. They have waited long enough,” he added.
Early indications that the fight will definitely happen have not bee good though as Mayweather has already stated that Pacquiao will not be offered the same $40m he was offered previously by ‘Money’ in 2012, whilst Top Rank promoter Bob Arum exclusively told WBN that ‘Pacman’ would not fight on May 2, the date Mayweather has in mind for his 48th professional bout.
Ironing out these initial problems seems as it can be achieved though as long as both sides don’t have to deal with each other and can agree on a mediator to handle the oh so delicate negotiations.
As it stands, the fight still seems a million miles away from getting down to serious talks, but with Mayweather and Pacquiao themselves seemingly pulling in the same direction, a happy conclusion for the fans is closer than it has been for years.
You can vote for Floyd Mayweather or Manny Pacquiao to be WBN Fighter of the Year 2014 here