28
Sep
2020

Mayweather: Khan’s name holds no weight, I’m focused on Pacquiao!

Phil Jay 16/12/2014

Pound for pound king Floyd Mayweather Jr has dismissed Amir Khan as a potential opponent on May 2nd as says he is only focused on securing a career-defining bout with Manny Pacquiao.

Briton Khan immediately called out Mayweather in the aftermath of his dominant success against Devon Alexander on Saturday night, although Mayweather, speaking at the WBC Convention this week, said the WBC’s mandatory challenger’s name ‘held no weight’ for a future clash.

Reporter Elie Seckbach was on hand to capture the moment Mayweather reaffirmed his plans in Las Vegas as the world’s premiere fighter aims for the super-fight the world wants to see with eight-weight champion Pacquiao.

During the video, the outspoken Mayweather mentioned what Top Rank boss Bob Arum told WBN exclusively last week, that Pacquiao would not be looking for fight on May 2. Aurm told me over the phone that Pacquiao is more likely to return in June – something which seems to be the major sticking point in getting talks underway at this moment in time.

Watch the video below by Elie Seckbach  and you can follow Elie on Twitter using the link provided

You can also vote for Floyd Mayweather, Manny Pacquiao or Amir Khan to be WBN Fighter of the Year 2014 here

Follow on Twitter @PhilDJay for tweets of upcoming news on @WorldBoxingNews