Bailed Khan says arrest reports ‘nonsense’ and ‘nobody got beat up’
British fighter Amir Khan has denied reports that he assaulted two teenagers on Friday morning as the former world champion finally responded to the derogatory allegations against him.
Khan, 27, has been accused by anonymous witnesses to a Russell Street incident of confronting two 19 year-old men who were apparently being offensive to his friends, after which, the pair suffered ‘slight injuries’ in his hometown of Bolton.
Police released a statement hours after the incident which read: “Just before 1.30am on Friday, police were called following reports of an assault in Bolton.
Officers attended Russell Street and discovered two 19-year-old men had been assaulted. Their injuries are not serious.
A 27-year-old man was arrested on suspicion of two section 47 assaults.”
In response, Khan took his Twitter account late on Friday night to inform his 1.4m plus followers of the situation as he sees it: “All nonsense please don’t believe what you read. I’m home with my family and nobody got beat up,” said the one-time unified light-welterweight champion.
Further uppdates to the arrest are that Khan has been bailed pending further inquiries, although his team are said to believe that the charges will be dropped and there will be no case for the boxer to answer.
Follow on Twitter @PhilDJay for tweets of upcoming news on WBN