The 33 year-old, who fought Pablo Cesar Cano on the Mayweather v Canelo bill last September, recently met with advisor Leonard Ellerbe to discuss some possibilities for his imminent return to the ring.
“My next opponent and date are currently being worked on by Mayweather Promotions and they’ll be announcing it when it’s all confirmed,” Theophane told World Boxing News.
“As Leonard Ellerbe, CEO of Mayweather promotions told me last week; “We are going forwards, not backwards.
“I’m excited about my possible fights this year and I’m just continuing to work hard in the gym. I have fought Demarcus Corley, Danny Garcia, Delvin Rodriguez and Pablo Cesar Cano so it’s all about continuing to stay on the big stage.”
As promoter Floyd Mayweather continues to be the subject of speculation over his next opponent, Theophane believe either Marcos Maidana or Amir Khan have the clout to make May 3 a massive occasion for the fans.
“When you’re at the level of Floyd it is all about business,” said Theophane. “The PPV numbers are the ones that matter and selling those tickets to fill out the MGM Grand.
“Marocs Maidana has just come off a career best win against Adrien Broner and Amir Khan is a two-time world champion, so both bring a lot to the table and have great achievements in boxing.”
Follow on Twitter @PhilDJay for tweets of upcoming news on WBN