Manny Pacquiao’s advisor Michael Koncz had told WBN that the Filipino is ready and willing to face welterweight adversary, Floyd Mayweather.
Koncz, who is gearing up for Pacquiao’s November clash with Oxnard puncher Brandon Rios, watched on as Mayweather dominated Saul Alvarez last month.
Mayweather cemented his place as the world’s best and hopes something can happen to finally get the two in the ring.
“It’s was plain to see that Mayweather gave a boxing lesson to Canelo. It was a great performance. But I believe that Manny is the only fighter at the present time that can cope with and counter Floyd’s form,” Koncz exclusively told World Boxing News.
Asked whether Pacquiao would be willing to step up on May 3 of next year when Mayweather is tentatively scheduled to fight again, Koncz stated that the only block to the fight happening is with the current two-weight world title-holder and not with his fighter.
“Obviously I think any question of whether the fight can happen next year is better posed to Floyd himself. Manny has said many times that he is more than willing to face Floyd,” said Koncz.
Any thoughts of the possible super-fight are on hold for the time being as Pacquiao readies himself for his China encounter with Rios in six weeks.
Koncz is confident that the ‘Pacman’ will get back to winning ways. It comes following losses to Timothy Bradley and Juan Manuel Marquez of late.
“Manny is concentrating on Brandon Rios right now. Fans can expect to see a very exciting action bout because of Rios’ straightforward style.
“However, Manny’s speed, power, and experience will prevail over the youth, heart and guts possessed by Rios. I can’t wait until November 23 in Macau,” added Koncz.