Bruce Scott and George Hillyard set to feature on Oktoberfist
Two-time world cruiserweight title challnger Bruce Scott will fight for the first time in four years on October 12 as the Londoner headlines the Box Office Promotions card ‘Oktoberfist’ at The Troxy.
The 43 year-old, who held the British title on two occasions, is returning from his Prizefighter exploits in 2009 to battle undefeated Finnish southpaw Umar Kemilainen on what is a bumper bill at the famous venue.
“We are delighted to have former Bruce Scott making his debut under us on the 12th October 2013 at the Troxy, East London,” promoter Alfie Warren told World Boxing News.
“I have always been a big fan of Bruce and enjoyed watching him fight when I was younger. He is an aggressive boxer with explosive power and in my opinion is one of the best cruiserweights that has come out of this country.”
Veteran Scott, who has mixed it with some top opposition at 200lbs throughout his career, is looking to make an impact after an extended absence and has no doubts in his ability to do so in the late autumn.
“History’s going to be made,” explained Scott. “It will be a great comeback which will prove the champion in me is about to be seen. Come out and see a champion doing what he knows best and claiming another victory.
Kemiläinen, a 31 year-old hailing from Vantaa, previously won the amateur heavyweight title in Finland before turning pro in 2006 and has since fought at cruiserweight winning all five of his fights, two of those by knockout
Although the undefeated Kemilainen has been out of the ring for a while, he is relishing the opportunity to face a seasoned professional like Bruce Scott.
“I am happy with his opportunity and you can tell the fans not to blink because I am too fast for Scott,” exclaimed Kemilainen.
Also on the night, George ‘Hit-hard’ Hillyard is set to make his maiden outing for Box Office after taking three years to take stock of his career. The 28 year-old won his last fight against Kieron Gray over six rounds after previously stuttering against recent EBU title challenger Prince Arron and Yorkshireman Matthew Thirlwall.
Paul Larke from Box Office Promotions declared his delight with his latest addition: “We are also pleased to have a middleweight sensation like George Hillyard fighting on this bill on the same night as Bruce Scott.
“George is keen to get his career back on track and he will kickstart this by fighting for us on ‘Oktoberfist.’ George is a great fella and we are looking forward to working with him. We will be announcing his opponent in the next two weeks.”
Hiilyard himself added: “I’m really looking forward to getting back in the ring, doing what I do best and getting my name back out there.”
The Box Office Promotions team, also made up of Danny Mac, Eddie Walsh, Gregg Prentice and Wayne Watkins are pleased to announce that they will be raising money on the night for The Kiyan Prince Foundation.
“It’s an amazing charity that educates young people on gun and knife crime and was set up by former IBF and WBO champion Mark Prince following the tragic death of his 15 year old son Kiyan in 2006,” said Larke. “It’s going to be a great night and we appreciate the continued support of the fans.”
Tickets are £20 to £70 and can be purchased by calling 07931 224895 or visiting www.boxoffice-promotions.co.uk.
You can also visit the Facebook page at Facebook/BoxOfficePromo or follow on Twitter @BoxOfficePromo