25
Oct
2020

Fury: I am taking all bets if Haye fight happens, I’m ready!

Phil Jay 18/06/2013

Tyson Fury has told WBN that he remains locked in talks with potential opponent David Haye, but has vowed to proved all the doubters wrong if the fight finally comes to fruition for the autumn.

The 24 year-old, who is on the cusp of a world title shot after racking up 21 straight victories, is being backed in some quarters, most recently by ex-opponent Martin Rogan, to be stopped by big-punching Haye early – although Fury laughed off these suggestions earlier today.

“After what ‘Little Rogie’ said, I am taking on all bets if the Haye fight happens,” Fury told World Boxing News.

“Talks are still ongoing with Haye to get the fight done, but we want it and we are ready!”

Haye, 32, has been rather muted by his standards regarding a possible clash with Fury and with no movement regarding negotiations between the pair, a lot of fans are venting their frustration at the speed of the possible deal.

Tyson’s trainer and uncle Peter told WBN exclusively last week that a date of September 28 at Manchester Arena is currently the favoured date and venue for the contest, although nothing is yet signed between the two for what stands to be a multi-million pound event.