Chilemba: I am certain of Bellew victory, wish the fight was tomorrow!
Light-heavyweight contender Isaac Chilemba is delighted to have secured a second WBC elimination bout with Tony Bellew on May 25 and has promised to secure victory after the two fought out an entertaining draw last month in Liverpool.
The 25 year-old, who is a former world champion at super-middleweight, says the rematch can’t come soon enough, with the South African promising to come away from the UK with a challenge for the coveted green belt later in the year.
“I am very happy this fight is now done and I wish it was tomorrow,” Chilemba told World Boxing News.
“This time will be different. I think in the first fight Bellew was expecting less movement and for me to be in front of him.
“There will be a big change in the second fight and that will be a certain victory for me. I will be much better this time around and I am not going to leave anything to chance.”
With the first clash taking place in Bellew’s backyard at the Echo Arena, the return switches to the impressive O2 Arena in London on the Froch v Kessler II undercard, although Chilemba says he doesn’t need anymore more incentives to come through next month’s clash with a win.
“I am motivated for every fight whether it is London or Liverpool,” explained Chilemba. “Crowds and arenas never enter my mind, only my opponent and I am fully focused on Bellew.”
Asked whether he would be interested in a potential fight against the winner of the headline fight between Froch and Kessler, Chilemba added: “I want the WBC title next and I although I believe both Kessler and Froch are good fighters, the funny thing about boxing is that their fight could go either way.”