Tyson Fury fined and warned for David Price Twitter baiting

Heavyweight contender Tyson Fury has been handed a £3,000 bill and reprimanded about his future conduct after his recent social media rants against rival David Price.

The 24 year-old has taken to his Twitter account on many occasions in the past to berate the Merseyside fighter and took it a step too far earlier this year, according to the British Boxing Board Control who have decided to hit Fury in the pocket.

“I had to go before the Board. I was told to behave myself and if I do it again I will be in bigger trouble,” Fury told Pat Sheehan of The Sun newspaper.

“It’s time to maybe quieten down a bit. The Board have been more than lenient and I do appreciate what they have done for me. I say what I think and it has cost me a few quid,” he added.

A high-profile clash between the two has fallen by the wayside of late following Price’s crushing stoppage loss against Tony Thompson and Fury is now left to concentrate on a possible world title shot in late 2013.

First off, the former British and Irish champion will attempt to extend his reputation Stateside by taking on US favourite Steve Cunningham in New York on April 20 in his American debut.

A fight against the winner of the upcoming WBC eliminator involving Chris Arreola and Bermane Stiverne is then on the cards for the summer, with a shot at the WBC title a real possibility by the winter.

All depends on whether current title-holder and part-time politician Vitali Klitschko decides to fight on or relinquish his belt, which could mean Fury’s chance comes a lot sooner than that.