Undefeated heavyweight Tyson Fury has exclusively told WBN that he is willing to fight rival David Price in the summer after he has taken on Steve Cunningham on April 20 in America.
The 20-0 contender, who has ended 14 of his contests early, was reported earlier this week to have pulled out of purse bids for a British title clash against current belt holder Price, 29, but now wants the two to battle it out for a chance at a world crown instead.
“I am stating now that I want to fight David Price in an eliminator for the WBC this summer,” Fury told World Boxing News.
“I am now in camp for Cunningham, but once that fight is out of the way, I want me versus Price – so let the happy bidding start for the TV.”
When asked whether he has any plans to be present at Price’s upcoming fight against former world title challenger Tony Thompson in Liverpool next week, the 24 year-old added: “I am in camp in Italy so I won’t be able to be there, but I want this fight. It’s going to be a big summer fight and it has to happen. Let’s get it made.”
Fury’s admission that the clash in now on his agenda means that the doors of possibility are open for one of the biggest UK bouts in the top division since Lennox Lewis fought Frank Bruno.
A lot of things will have to be in place before an agreement is reached, but the a major obstacle has been taken down with Fury now on board for fight and if both boxers come through their respective opponents, a massive tussle on British shores can finally begin negotiations.