20
Nov
2019

Bundrage: Contract signed for Smith, KO on the cards!

Phil Jay 26/12/2012

IBF light-middleweight champion Cornelius Bundrage has told WBN that his part of the contract to face fellow-Contender star Ishe Smith is signed and sealed for a home title defence in Detroit.

The 39 year-old will put his title on the line for only the third time in two and half years when the two rivals clash on February 23rd at the Joe Louis Arena, although Bundrage stated that a bout with Smith was not originally high on his list of priorities.

“There were options, but no, it wasn’t a fight I have wanted for a while,” Bundrage told World Boxing News.

“The fight is now signed on my behalf and even though his recent fights with Mayweather Promotions were decent, I still believe I can knock him out in Detroit on February 23.”

He then added: “This is your boy ‘K9’ – Jesus for life 2013. It’s our year. Roof! Roof! Roof! Don’t forget to follow me on Instagram and Twitter @K9Boxing.”

Smith, 34, was a contestant on the first series of the popular Contender show – losing to eventual winner Sergio Mora, whilst Bundrage appeared in the second series – missing out to Steve Forbes.

The contest is so far set-up as a world title double-header as Devon Alexander puts his 147lb IBF version up against unbeaten mandatory challenger Kell Brook, with 14-0 Michigan-native J’Leon Love so far confirmed for the undercard.

Your SEO optimized title